Saturday, February 9, 2008

Shame on You

Just got back from an Indigo Girls concert. It was incredible. Absolutely amazing. Women everywhere: dancing and happy. I love Asheville. I love live music. I love their lyrics and their guitars and the passion and love that were everywhere. The whole auditorium sang along to every song. Such a feeling of joy and community - and I love when someone takes the thoughts in my head and turns them into a song. Sheryl Crowe. Ani. Alanis. Christine Kane. The Indigo Girls. They make art out of life.

Anyway, in their song, "Shame On You," one verse goes like this:

My friend Tanner she says you know
Me and Jesus were of the same heart
The only thing that keeps us distant
Is that I keep fuckin up

Everyone screams the last line. And I love it. Because it is true. Because it is real. Because it embraces humanity, and women, and life.

1 comment:

Erinski1225 said...

Totally into real stuff. And women and humanity and dancing and YOU.