Thursday, February 18, 2010

Roll on Bye


Don't be shy just let your feelings roll on bye
And don't wear fear or nobody will know you're there
Just lift your head and let your feelings out instead
No don't be shy just let your feelings roll on bye - Cat Stevens

This weekend I am planning a retreat. Last time I planned a retreat it was for 100 people, many of whom I didn't even really respect. I ran myself into a rut attempting to please every possible audience. The result was that nobody really got an overall meaning or message, and I became exhausted mentally, emotionally, and physically.

This time I am planning a retreat for me and only me.

I am going to spend some time remember who I am, and figuring out where I'm going.
I am going to spend some time thinking about what Lent means to me, today, in my life.
I am going to spend some time thinking about what it is I want and who it is I wish to be.
I am going to rest, and relax, and love myself.

Here is a list of some of the things I am considering for the weekend:

Vision Board/Collaging
Redecorating my room - I need that *special* piece
Phone calls to some special friends (Ruth, Abby, Crystal, Carol)
Poetry!
Pilates
Prayer breakfast at the church I visited on Wednesday
Writing thank-you cards to some special people in my life
Reading
Renting a silly video that I've been wanting to watch
Listening to fabulous music
Creating some awesome play lists
Cleaning out my life - kitchen/fridge; bathroom; corner in my room; car; dead fern in the sun room
Listening to some inspirational speakers and writers thanks to Jennifer Louden's Virtual Retreat
Treating myself to a massage
Journaling
Creating a plan of action for areas in which I'd like to evolve (finances; physical health; cleanliness of my surroundings)
Setting a goal for the month :)

Photo is a picture of the beautiful Iranian New Years tradition "Haft Sin" by Hamed Saber

No comments: